Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Goals and team roles reassessed

---
Now, rethink your goals in the light of what has been expressed by the class. Post to your blog three personal goals (design, group dynamics, whatever) for our next five months of working together. Also list two team roles that you are willing to take on and two that you would prefer not to be assigned. Try to express this as a story (narrative) rather than a bulleted list.
---

Goals for the next couple quarters ~
It is a shame that a genie can only grant three wishes as it is always hard for me to decide what I truly desire…for this quarter I will try to narrow it down to three. First I would like to better understand my strengths in a team and design role. Second I will strive to “stretch” myself by learning the technical side of design, i.e. computer skill. Third I want to master efficient research/writing skills.

Team roles ~
In the past I have usually taken the role of an organizer and mediator, gathering people together initiating team roles, responsibilities, deadlines and acting as a neutral party communicator to help resolve any conflict that may arise in the process. Those are two roles that come naturally to me. Other roles I enjoy are the creative aspect, coming up with ideas and imaginative content. A role that I am capable of is researching; although it is not my favorite. When it comes to creativity and research I can get carried away and need to remind myself to come out of dream clouds back to reality. There are no roles that I am absolutely against. My overall goals with team roles are for everyone to have a role that matches them :-) your unique talents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home